Unleash Your Inner Potential Now!
We Specialize In
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body. ~ C.S. Lewis
Natural, Safe, Effective & Drug-Free
Alternatives For Any Condition
3510 Hobson Rd.
Woodridge, IL 60517
Energy medicine, also known as energy healing or energy therapy, is a form of alternative medicine that believes that a certified, licensed or gifted healer can channel energy into someone seeking it for the purposes of being healed. The method of channeling can include various instruments, tuning forks, chimes, crystals or simply laying of hands.
Methods of Channeling Energy and its Origins
• Three of the methods of energy medicine are hands-on, hands-off, and distant; this latter being where the patient and the healer are in two different locations.
• Spiritual healing is largely non-denominational with no requirements as to religious requirements whereas faith-healing takes places in some charismatic churches.
• Therapeutic, or healing, touch has lately become popular among certain professions, but it has always been a part of human relationships, especially motherhood.
• The Philosophy Department at a university in Colorado teaches that the theory of alternative medicine is based upon vitalism; this is the notion that all living organisms possess a special quality that gives them their very life. This living force is the referred to by different names in many different cultures and is known simply as “breath” or ruach in the Ancient Hebrew, Greek psyche is pneuma in ancient Greek meaning “breath of the gods” and spiritus in Roman.
Types of Energy Medicine at Holistic Health Chicago
• Reiki is a spiritual practice that is classified as oriental medicine and was developed by a Japanese Buddhist in the early 20th century and is part of the hands-on, or palm healing where energy is transferred through the palms of the hands; this allows for a state of equilibrium and self-healing.
• Two main branches of Reiki are Traditional Japanese (Usui) and Western whereas the only difference being in a systematized hand placement in the Western reiki. The English word reiki comes from the Japanese word meaning “mysterious atmosphere” and the Chinese ling qui meaning “supernatural influence.” Either word is commonly translated among the English as “universal life energy.”
• Western Reiki works in relation to chakras and meridian lines involving the use of hand positions corresponding to seven major chakras that are part of the body (Crown, Third Eye, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral, and the Base Root Chakra). At Holistic Health, Dr. Partha created her own Celestial Reiki which involves the use of a chime in her use of energy medicine. From Chakra healing to matrix energetics, acutonics, as well as direct hands-on healing you can find all of these forms of energy medicine on an as needed basis with Dr. Partha at Holistic Health Chicago.
• In addition to Usui and Western Reiki, Dr. L. Partha is a Reiki master teacher in the tradition of Karuna Reiki, another evolution of the Reiki model of healing, which emphasizes a more heart based approach.
• Dr. Partha has integrated the various Reiki philosophies into a unique blend, which she uses to permeate all of her methods, including the acupuncture needles, the homeopathic remedies and the supplements she uses for her treatments.
Energy medicine is all about channeling energy into a sick person to restore the patient’s body to balance and restoration through the use of the life energy that is found flowing through the universe all around us and within us to some degree or another.